GridwiseTech Grid Engine-Globus Toolkit adapter
GridwiseTech, an iForce partner of Sun Microsystems, offers the adapter between the Grid Engine (N1 Grid Engine 6 or SGE 6) and Globus Toolkit (version 4 and higher). Earlier versions of both products can be supported on direct request. This product provides full integration of Grid Engine and Globus Toolkit. Using this adapter you can:
- link together multiple installations of Grid Engine, separated by geographical, administrative and technical boundaries and obstacles
- interoperate between Grid Engine and other scheduler and DRM solutions ( Platform LSF, Altair's PBS, Condor )
- use the Grid security model (GSI, X.509 certificates, SSL, and WS-Security) to operate Grid Engine
- enhance Grid Engine with WSRF and DRMAA compliance layer. These are the core standards from Global Grid Forum (GGF) ensuring interoperability with current and future Grid offerings from other vendors
- submit Grid Engine jobs through Globus interface
- be eligible for annually extended support from GridwiseTech, shielding you from rapid evolution of Globus Toolkit and Grid Engine.
The GridwiseTech GE-GT adapter comes together with full support from GridwiseTech, extensible annually under negotiable conditions. Because of rapid evolution of both Grid standards and Grid products such as the Globus Toolkit and Grid Engine, we highly recommend this option for enterprises building production quality systems running with Grid Engine. Our support options can be tailored to customer needs and includes:
- free updates to newest available versions of the GridwiseTech GE-GT adapter, compliant to newerversions of Globus and Grid Engine
- patches and fixes
- contracted support
- generic Grid Engine and GT4 consulting, and development
- assistance in design and development of custom solutions
- on-site installation and integration
- assistance with other technical issues (reliability, stability, bugs)
- training on both Grid Engine and Globus Toolkit
Product and Pricing
Contact us to receive detailed information about product and support pricing, and licensing.
The GE-GT adapter is composed of several tightly-coupled modules. Each module is responsible for performing different tasks as follows:
- WS-MDS Information provider supplies the information about system resources collected from Grid Engine. This information can be used in a variety of ways e.g. by DRMAA interface.
- Grid Engine Scheduler Event Generator module uses Grid Engine log files to track job events. This is the feedback channel that presents current information about job execution.
- Job manager is a script that interfaces between Globus Toolkit and Grid Engine. This script translates WS-GRAM API calls to Grid engine commands invocations.
- DRMAA Job manager (on demand) is a script that interfaces between Globus Toolkit and Grid Engine. This script translates WS-GRAM API calls to DRMAA C API.
- File system mapper provides additional information about file system level relations between Grid Engine and Globus Toolkit components.
- Scheduler interface registrator provides functionality of Java Naming Directory Interface for the adapter.
All the aforementioned modules, apart from DRMAA Job Manager, are necessary for stable work and complete functionality of GE-GT adapter.
The initial release of this product was developed by GridwiseTech together with our project partners. Such a challenging task would have not been possible without their help. They include: MCNC, Imperial College London and Sun Microsystems. We want to thank them for their fruitful cooperation on the way towards our common goal. We thank the following people for their work:
Please contact GridwiseTech to learn more.